At SPIN, we believe that sustainability is not only important for the health of our planet but also for the long-term success of businesses and communities.
We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our team and help us make a real impact in the sustainability industry. We offer exciting career opportunities in a range of areas, including business development, training, program management, and administration.
If you are passionate about sustainability and are looking for an exciting and rewarding career opportunity, then we encourage you to explore the current vacancies.
Thank you for considering a career with the Sustainability Professionals Institute of Nigeria. We look forward to hearing from you!
Training Coordinator and Business Development Manager
Job Title: Training Coordinator and Business Development Manager
Location: This role is based in Lagos
Salary: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications
About the Role:
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate individual to join our team as a Training Coordinator and Business Development Manager. The successful candidate will play a critical role in developing and delivering our sustainability training programs and identifying and securing new business opportunities for our institute.
● Develop and deliver sustainability training programs to meet the needs of our members and clients
● Collaborate with subject matter experts and trainers to ensure high-quality, relevant training materials and programs
● Identify and secure new business opportunities through research, networking, and relationship building
● Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including potential clients, partners, and funders
● Monitor and report on training program effectiveness, using data to inform program improvements
● Ensure compliance with all relevant policies, procedures, and regulations related to training and business development
● Represent the institute at conferences, meetings, and other events
● Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, sustainability, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred
● 3-5 years of experience in business development, sales, or marketing, preferably in the education sector
● Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver successful training programs
● Strong networking, relationship-building, and sales skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple priorities effectively
● Knowledge of sustainability and related policies and regulations is an advantage
Why Join Us:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team dedicated to advancing sustainability in Nigeria. Our association is committed to providing high-quality training to our members and clients, and we are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help us reach our ideal clients, coordinate seamless learning experiences for our members and achieve our goals.
If you are passionate about sustainability and training, have a proven track record in business development, and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we want to hear from you.
Please click on the link to submit your application. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Programs and Administration Manager
- The Programs and Administration Manager (P&A Manager) is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the organization’s operational and administrative functions. They work under the guidance of the Trustee Board and Executive Council to define the organization’s strategic vision and ensure its successful implementation. The P&A Manager maintains strong relationships with various stakeholders involved in the organization’s mission and activities. They are responsible for upholding ethical standards, integrity, and sustainability practices throughout the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The P&A Manager reports directly to the Executive Secretary, Executive Council, and Board of Trustees (BoT). Their main responsibilities include:
i. Operational Management:
- Support all directorates of the Association to ensure aligned internal leadership and implementation.
- Effectively manage operational and financial matters to fulfill the SPIN’s mandate.
- Proactively address risks and emergencies, seeking additional authority from the Boards as necessary.
ii. Financial Management:
- Present annual financial budgets linked to the corporate work plan for Board approval.
- Collaborate with the Finance Directorate to ensure transparent and effective financial and administrative functionality.
- Oversee the management and implementation of organizational contracts according to procurement systems and practices.
iii. Official Representation and Stakeholder Management:
- Represent the SPIN before competent authorities when delegated by the BoT or Executive Council.
- Build and maintain effective alliances and collaborations with public and private partners, including governmental agencies, NGOs, UN agencies, CSR communities, businesses, and civil society actors.
- Represent the SPIN and its work at CSR/Sustainability gatherings through public speaking.
- Maintain effective communication with all stakeholders.
- Ensure meaningful monitoring and evaluation of the organization’s programs and performance, providing accurate analysis and routine reporting on stakeholder activities.
iv. Working with the Board:
- Report to the Board on operational, administrative, and financial aspects of the organization.
- Timely inform the Board of key strategic and operational challenges faced by the Secretariat.
- Represent the management of the Secretariat at Board Meetings and ensure efficient preparation and distribution of materials.
- Communicate Board decisions promptly to other parts of the Institute.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
The SPIN Board will establish periodic and SMART Key Performance Indicators to assess the effective performance of the P&A Manager. These KPIs will align with the requirements outlined in this job description and may include factors such as membership maximization, as determined by the SPIN Board. The KPIs will be specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-based to enable accurate evaluation of performance.
Note: This job description is a general outline of the responsibilities and expectations for the Programs and Administration Manager role. Specific duties may vary based on the organization’s needs and structure.