All Fellows and Members commit to this Code of Conduct in line with SPIN and ICSR (Institute for Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability) expectations.
- Sets the professional standards required as a condition of ICRS and ASPN membership
- Applies to all members and Fellows regardless of role or geography
- Applies to the conducts of an individual, and not any organisation for which they work.
Members and Fellows must exercise their own judgment to meet the requirements of the Code and seek advice from the SPIN if in doubt.
As an SPIN Member or Fellow, I will:
- Uphold and promote the reputation of the SPIN and the CSR and Sustainability profession and do nothing that would bring either into disrepute.
- Maintain and develop my personal professional sustainability competence.
- Participate in relevant training and networking opportunities of the Association.
- Contribute to the development of the profession and its effectiveness through my participation in the Association.
- Actively seek opportunities to maximise the benefits of business to society and the
- environment, and to minimise its adverse effects.
- Influence and persuade others of the case for a responsible and sustainable approach to doing business, and supporting that approach across disciplines.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, ethical and appropriate behaviour in all business, professional and related personal activities.
- Be transparent about any special relationship, business interest or conflict of interest and make all relevant parties aware where such a conflict may exist.