Members and Fellows must exercise their own judgment to meet the requirements of the Code and seek advice from the SPIN if in doubt.
As an SPIN Member or Fellow, I will:
- Uphold and promote the reputation of the SPIN and the CSR and Sustainability profession and do nothing that would bring either into disrepute.
- Maintain and develop my personal professional sustainability competence.
- Participate in relevant training and networking opportunities of the Association.
- Contribute to the development of the profession and its effectiveness through my participation in the Association.
- Actively seek opportunities to maximise the benefits of business to society and the
- environment, and to minimise its adverse effects.
- Influence and persuade others of the case for a responsible and sustainable approach to doing business, and supporting that approach across disciplines.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, ethical and appropriate behaviour in all business, professional and related personal activities.
- Be transparent about any special relationship, business interest or conflict of interest and make all relevant parties aware where such a conflict may exist.